Last Sunday I got a new call. I won't lie, We've been pretty content with our callings before I got this one. Joe is the Assistant Ward Clerk and previously I have been the Compassionate Service Leader. That calling is a rather busy calling but it's behind the scenes. And that's just what I like. Sundays seemed to come and go rather quickly (as have the rest of the days). Here's the problem though. I felt content. You see, I've decided it's never good to feel content about where you're at in a calling.
I was at the hospital visiting a woman in our ward whose baby has Leukemia. The bishop just happened to be there too. He mentioned that he wanted Joe and I to meet with him on Wednesday. I didn't think too much of it until I got home and Joe told me we had the official appointment. Then he stressed me out even more when he said I was going to take Sharleen's place since she just moved out of the ward. I knew he was right the minute he said it.
I feel inadequate and overwhelmed. But who doesn't when they get a new calling? I keep trying to find an excuse as to why I can't accept. There is no excuse that I can think of. Boo. The Bishop said he thought he was a logical man. He said it would have made sense to move one of the counselors up and fill her position. But he just didn't feel good about. "Kelsie, I've prayed, and prayed, and prayed some more and your name just keeps coming up." Ugh. I don't even have to ask if he really prayed about it. He did.
As I was reading Obedience to the Prophets by Elder Claudio R. M. Costa from The Ensign I came across this: The Lord called a young man, Joseph Smith, to restore His Church. Do you think that the young Joseph Smith was a doctor in theology or science? We know that he was a humble and not academically educated young man. But he was chosen by the Lord, and he received from the Lord all that was necessary to honor and magnify the calling...
I know that if I try my best to do all that I can as the new Primary President, the Lord will bless me with all that is necessary too. That doesn't mean I didn't cry for two days straight wondering how on earth I would do it.
5 comments:
I love this post, Kelsie! What a great expression of your feelings. Thanks for sharing. I think you will be great in your new calling!
You will do just great at this The Lord qualifies whom he calls." We know we can do anything with His help! Love Teddy
I can relate all too well. We really need to chat sometime.
You are going to do great!! And the kids will all LOVE you!
Wow! Congrats!!
Post a Comment