2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

.::New York Trip::.

<
New York was a blast. Thanks Mom and Aunt Teddy Ann for letting me tag along and a big thank you to my cousin, Toni who let us stay with her.
Pictured above:
1. The Skyline
2. Mom, Teddy, Toni, and Me on a tour bus where we saw Uptown and Downtown
3. Central Park with my mama-- I have to admit, I wasn't super excited to actually go inside. I was content with going past it on the tour bus. After we got inside I was so glad we went. I was surprised you couldn't hear any of the city. Very cool park.
4. Beautiful Castle in Central Park
5. Fountain in Central Park
6. Naked Cowboy Man. He wasn't even that cute. I was a bit disappointed. :D
7. Statue of Liberty-- Pictures don't do it justice.
8. Time Square
9. Fire Fighter Museum-- It was way cool. Inside, there was a neat memorial for the 9-11 attack. Very interesting and humbling.

Not Pictured: Going to Wicked, which was probably one of my favorite things we did. The set was amazing. The cast was even more amazing. Oh, and we also survived Canal Street. It took a few tries to get in to the bargaining mode but definitely an experience well worth it. Not everyone can say they've been smuggled in a van with a stranger! bahaha.

Funny Story: When traveling to New York we had a layover in Chicago. Well, of course, our flight was canceled and therefore had a L-O-N-G layover. We tried to fly standby on every flight that left before ours. No luck though. We finally just went to our gate and were content with people watching. I got bored and decided to go look at the arrivals and departures board. I noticed our flight was actually on the next gate over. We rushed over to the gate to find that they were giving our seats away to standby people. Yep, we were so intrigued with people watching that we almost missed our flight (after a really long delay). And what makes this story even better is that on our way back home we did the same thing, except right after we stepped past the door they closed it right behind us. We were the very last people to get on the plane.

As always, more pictures available in the gallery.

7 comments:

Janice said...

Cool pictures, Kelsie. It looks like you had a great time. Tell us more.

Katie and Dennis said...

My best friend went to Wicked during the summer and told me all about it! How cool for you to get to go on such a fun trip! I laughed at the naked cowboy. Too funny!

Nancy said...

I love New York. A dream is to actually spend a few days there. My visits have been day trips only since Uncle Walt is from PA and we would just drive up for an aftenoon. That is not nearly long enough. Glad you had a good time.
Aunt Nancy

Howells Fam said...

How fun! I didn't know you were going to New York - I'm definitely jealous of you! Ashlee saw Wicked in Michigan and she absolutely loved it too! I'm wondering when you are going to come see my cute baby??

Keller Family said...

Kelsie, My mom asked me to email or send people a reminder of who they have for christmas. YOu and Joe have Misty and Chey. XMas eve at the Tondini's dinner and santa. More specific details when it gets closer.

aust, jess, janson said...

Kelsie, how much fun was that!!! I am going in a couple weeks and you just made me so much more excited!!

Anonymous said...

Kels, I also had so much fun. I'm glad we got to go, and I'm also so thankful that you are my best friend. Thanks for being such a great daughter. Love ya, Mom