Thursday night- Arrived in Preston with my cousin Annikan's little girl. We dropped her off at the carnival and "surprised grandma Sammy".
Friday Morning- got my hair done. This is always a must when I go to Preston. I have yet to find someone that does a great job here in Boise. You even pay double for a crappy hair cut.
Friday afternoon- Sidewalk sales. Can I say PaThEtiC? I think there were maybe two booths on the sidewalk worth while and two in the park that had nice things... pretty much a waste of time. There was really yummy Hawaiian food that made up for it though.
Friday night- Went to parade and rodeo. I always love the parade. We have always sat in the same spot for the parade since I can remember. This year Skyler and Chantal are renting a house that is on the parade route so we went there instead. It was nice to have some shade, something we haven't ever had in the blasted heat. Our friends Ryan and Bobbi joined us for the parade and rodeo. Even though we had crappy seats for the rodeo we still had a good time. It was fun to get-together with them since they moved to Malad this past summer. Their little girl is getting so big and cute.
Saturday Morning- Biathlon. It was so much fun. I was so nervous that there wouldn't be very many people and I would be the worst one but luckily that wasn't true. My mom and I competed as a team and Joe did it individually. The run was a 5k and the bike was 15 miles. Joe took second in his division (7th overall) and my mom and I took 3rd in the teams. My mom is such a sport. I didn't give her very much notice and she did awesome. Also participating in the race were my cousin Tasha, her friend Ruthie, Bobbi, and Ryan.

Saturday Day- Went to grandmas for Lunch. Ever since I remember my grandma has fixed lunch for everyone. That use to be my favorite part of summer. I remember her always having a cute lemonade set and she would make strawberry lemonade. Of course, I would help at every chance I had. It was fun to visit with everyone.
Saturday afternoon- relaxed for a spare second. This is a rare occasion when we go to Preston so yes, this is significant enough to put in... Family reunion with the Harris'. We BBQed in the back yard. Good times, Good times.
Saturday night- parade again and carnival. The Saturday parade is always the best. The milk truck and Pepsi truck always hand out crates of drinks. Plus, it always seems to be better; more candy and popsicles. You can't go to rodeo weekend and not walk around the carnival. We made the rounds with my parents (Joe and I would have felt like super seniors going by ourselves)
Sunday- Church, Call family reunion, and back to Boise- pretty much the same as every year. We met at the Lion's Shelter and ate, had the auction, and did the candy jar contest.
4 comments:
kels-thanx for taking lexi. i hear she loved it and had a blast, now if i can just get her back. no one seems to want to send her home.
Awesome Kelsie! Jeni told me you got third! That's sweet! Congrats!! =)
...you'll be my motivation, I need to do a bi!
Crazy weekend. I noticed your comment about not finding a good hairstylist in Boise. It took me 5 years but I finally found one. She is amazing. If you want her number let me know.
Kels, even though I wasn't in the best of shape, it was fun. I'll have to prepare better for next year and we'll kick some but!!
Love ya,
Mom
Post a Comment