We were excited to get on and go for a ride. We ended up going to Meridian and back. I was impressed with how much easier it is to go 30 miles on a road bike versus a mountain bike. I knew it would be easier but I didn't know it would make that big of a difference.
The ride there was awesome. We had a great bike path almost the entire way to my Aunt Cindy's. We decided to take a different route and broaden our horizon a bit on the way back. Everything was great until we hit a road that was under construction. It looked like they had ground off a good two inches of road so there was a lip to get to the sidewalk. Too bad I didn't notice the lip until my face hit the concrete on the sidewalk! I hit my head so hard. I looked up to find Joe running back towards me. I sat up and blood was gushing everywhere. My first thought was "well at least we get 25 percent off at the hospital". By the time I sat up and was wondering what I should use to wipe the blood up with (to try and see how bad it really was) two vehicles had stopped to help. These people were amazing. They were all so genuine. Someone grabbed some warm water that was in their car and poured it over my head and the other people grabbed some napkins from their car. Needless to say we got cleaned up and were on our way... kindof. My one hand is so scrapped up that I couldn't hang on to the handle bar so I was only hanging on with my thumb and two first fingers. The people were insistent to give us a ride but I told them it was like getting bucked off a horse. You have to get back on and ride. They didn't pester me after that so I guess it worked.
Joe and I made it home safely after that. We went pretty slow considering the condition I was in. We still don't know if I should have gotten stitches. The wound it pretty narrow but it is deep. This morning my eye is pretty swollen (in case you're worrying grandma I did put ice on it) and it is black. It's going to be pretty embarrassing to go to work tomorrow. My boss is never going to let me live this down.


I put this picture in here to show what an awesome husband I have. He was so concerned the whole time. After I got cleaned up I was freezing. He got me my robe and fixed me some hot chocolate.
This is how my battle wound looks after 36 hours.
8 comments:
Ouch!!!!! Glad you're okay. Don't come riding my my neighborhood--so many bumps and other stuff since they are putting in new water lines. (but you could come just to visit :)
Oh honey! I'm glad you're ok! And good job Joe!!!!
oh Kels!!! OUCH!! I hope you heal fast!! I'm glad Joe took such good care of you!! Okay so I'm just making some simple jewlery and it is so much fun!! I have to keep telling my self I can't wear it then sell it! It is hard I'm going to have to make like 2 of everything. lol well maybe you can buy some from me!! I would love it! I hope we get to see you this weekend! let me know?!?! MUAH!! take care of yourself, please no more crashes I need you to be alive!!
LOL!! You were not joking!! Love ya!
OUCH! Heckuva shiner you have..glad it's not any worse. Sure looks sore. From what you've told me about Joe, I can totally see him mother-henning you; he's a keeper!!
Anything else new? I'm going back this fall to work on my BAS. Yeah, I know, I was DONE in May, but my bosses want me to get my BAS, so back I go. :o( It won't be too bad (I hope).
ouch kels! that looks soo painful, but i'm glad you didn't get hurt worse..and how cute is joe to take care of you :)
What in the world! Maybe you should stick to mountain biking. :) The pictures make me kinda woozy. I hope you heal fast!
I'm so jealous!! New road bikes?!?!!
What a sweet crash!! I love the black eye! =) It sucks when you crash and don't have anything to show for it (or for how bad it hurts!)!!!
...glad you're ok too! Oh!-Remember to LOCK up your bikes!!! ;)
Post a Comment