2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Happenings in May

We are loving it here in Salt Lake. Who would have thought, right? Maybe it's because I polished up my mad skills on how to make a hand bag, or maybe it's because of my amazing Mormon cooking skills. Ha. Okay but joking aside we really do love it.

The people we are surrounded by are great. They are all so friendly and outgoing. We've enjoyed some Sunday afternoons outside on the playground getting to know everyone. Joe gets to know the dudes while he plays Lightning and I chat with the women while cheering our men on. The game is pretty intense you know. Oh and one of the best things right now-- Bishop Hansen has already met with us, knows we are in the ward, and remembers our names. Let me mention that today was only our third Sunday in the ward. It may not seem like a big deal but if you need a refresher of our old ward click here. I got a calling last week. I am the new Compassionate Service person. Pretty ironic since our last ward Suh-ucked in this department and I did a lot of complaining. I'm actually really excited for the job though. Can't wait to get 'briefed' and get going. Brother Craig warned Joe that he isn't off the hook. Joe really should be concerned since about half our ward will be moving out within the next month. Literally.


Joe is in his third week of classes now. He says he really likes it. He must really like it because he always wants to study the lecture materials. :) I'm on my third week of being a stay-at-home mamma. Talk about freaking hard. Sheesh, I need a job.

We've tried to take full advantage of not having jobs and have really enjoyed our time together. Some events we've enjoyed are Race for the Cure and Cirque du Soleil Alegria. Up next is a Bee's game and camping.


We've tried to get acquainted with some of the mountains around here. We've been on some hikes and Joe has gone on a few bike rides. Keni loved our hike. She kicked her legs the entire time. When we left Boise we thought we would miss the Foothills a lot. We do. BUT the mountains here don't disappoint. If we ever move away from here I'm sure I'll miss these bad boys even more than the little foothills of Boise.

Keni is getting freaking huge. She crawls now. At first it wasn't that big of a deal because she wasn't that fast. Now, I turn around and she is gone. She has usually found the cord to the lamp, the cell phone charger, or one of daddy's books. She is still a good eater and her favorite food is still rice cereal. Her least favorite food is probably peas. Her bedtime is now 8:30 or 9 and she usually let's us sleep in until around 8:15 or so.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

How fun that you're in SLC now! I LOVE Salt Lake, and I totally want to raise my family here. I went to college here, met my hubby here, got married here, had my first baby here... lotsa good memories. I love the Sugarhouse area... not sure where you are in the valley, but that area has some great restaurants and really chill people (Check out the Blue Plate Diner).
Make sure to hike up to Engisn Peak (if you haven't already). It's an awesome view.
We should get together sometime, I'm down in Murray.