On Friday night, Joe surprised me and took me to dinner. He works with a guy who's wife is the manager of a newly built Winger's. The servers needed training so we got to eat before it even opened. They started you off with their specialty buffalo wings (after the popcorn I guess), we had our main course, and then they even gave us dessert! I love the Winger's in Logan but when we went to the one here in Boise it was really run down and super dirty. It kind of scarred me so I was a little hesitant to go to this one in Nampa. I'm glad I did though because it was delicious! Plus we ate $40 worth of food for free. Can't beat that! Although now Joe is in love with it too so we will probably be eating there a lot. Good marketing scheme for them huh!
We went to STOMP last night and it was awesome (other than the annoying kids laugh that was in front of us)! The tickets went on sale a month ago and I was eager to buy them the minute I could. It was fun to listen to the different rhythm of so many non-traditional instruments, like plungers for instance. The show was worth every penny. I'm so glad I have a husband that likes going to plays, or is at least willing to go! I think I will buy season tickets the next time because there are some really fun ones coming up.
Today we got up early and rode our bikes downtown to watch part of the Ironman Race. I can't believe that people can really run, bike, and swim for a total of 70.3 miles! We were at the bike/run transition area. The athletes would take off their biking shoes a ways before they got to the transition, then they would run barefoot to their bike slot, hurry and put on their running shoes and other gear, and off they went. It was so fun to see all the people from all over the world.
I enjoyed spending the entire weekend with Joe. It was fantastic. Yay, for him being off on the weekends now... just in time for summer fun!
4 comments:
Wow! Way to have a randoom adn diverse weekend! Love and miss you!
Sounds like you had a fun week end! I like to eat at Winger's, too. Are you coming home for Jeremy's report and Dez's wedding? Sandra said you aren't coming, but I thought I could ask.
Janice
I love STOMP too! Who would think that so many things can make music? So excited to see you!
Sounds like a great weekend! Wish i was there. im so glad is off on weekends now. you guys will have a blast together. looking forward to seeing you next weekend!
love ya
mom
Post a Comment