She is 95 today and going strong—okay maybe not strong but hey she’s 95! Grandma Ruby has been the best grandma ever. This lady is impressive. She worked until she was 70 years old. She tells me now that she quit so she could help with the grandkids. Whatever the reason, I am grateful she did. I have so many fond memories with her.
When I was little I would go there after school before dance class. She would always have a Totino's Pizza for us to share or a box of fries for me. I loved going there. She would help me get dressed in my leotard and off we were to walk to class. I have to admit I was a little embarrassed whenever we had to drive because she drove this big beast of a car. Plus, she would rev the gas and then coast a block then rev the gas etc. etc. Whenever I saw someone on the street I would sneakily duck. Looking back on it now it was so obvious. Haha! As I got older and didn’t have as much time, the pizza and fries stopped but had been replaced with toast. Grandma Ruby could make the best toast. It became legendary. I still have some friends that remember eating toast at my grandma’s. She had a toaster oven that was awesome and this cool butter that came in a tub.
I remember walking on the track a lot with her. I remember thinking that my grandma was in better shape than I. I would run to keep up. Every time we went she would see so many people she knew. I felt so proud to have a grandma that was so popular. I was always invited to her mother-daughter activities and other events that she was involved in.
As I grew older and didn’t go there after school I realized what a great friendship we had built. She was always supportive and came to all my events. When she stopped driving and I got to pick her up was the best. She would be so nervous and gasp if I didn't make a 5 second stop. Too funny. She has gotten much better as the year's have passed.
I tell my grandma everything. She gives great advice. I would always tell her to promise not tell my parents. She is a woman of her word. She would scold me and then say “your secret is safe with me… unless you do it again.” What a cute lady she is. To this day we still talk once a week even though it should probably be more.


Happy 95th Birthday Grandma. I love you! Cant wait to see you in a few days.
4 comments:
Whatever! That car was awesome! I rode with my head high to be cruising in such a fine automobile.
hey kels, this is kinda random, but do you remember where you got the layout for you blog? i'm pretty sure we got them from the same place and i am tryin to find it again and i can't!
Happy birthday Grandma Ruby! She sounds like a fun lady!
I don't know the car or your grandmother but I'm laughing out loud at Zeb's comment!!! Too funny! At least it was your GRANDMA'S car and not the family car! Has Joe told you about good ol' Heffer?!
Post a Comment