2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Friday, June 23, 2017

Parade of Homes Quick Trip

On a whim, we decided to go to Utah Valley Parade of Homes and make a fun trip of it. My kids, of course, thought the hotel was the best part. BUUUTT I was surprised at how much they LOVED going inside each home. Not once did they complain! And we went to over 20 homes so it wasn't for the faint of heart. After getting in the car each time they would each have favorites and compare with us what we liked best. It was such a fun trip. I am loving this stage of our lives. The kids are getting easy to take places and still like to hang around with us. Time stop please! 

We did have a little (or big) hangup with our hotel. We booked online with Hotels.com. I already knew I shouldn't because of my previous job working at a hotel. It just seemed like there were always problems when people would check-in and had booked with hotels.com. And sure enough-- it happened to us. We got to our hotel and they didn't have a reservation for us. And to make matters worse, they were sold out. So I had to call Hotels.com and ask where the heck our hotel was. And all they could do was book us another one that wasn't as good for the same price. To make matters worse, I was on the phone with them for almost 2 hours trying to get us a room anywhere. It was so annoying. Luckily we went to get food during this time so we still had a little while to swim when we finally got a room. We will not make that mistake again. 

We got some good ideas for our house that is being built and also saw some fun 2 million dollar houses that were clearly people that have too much money. 





A hotel swimming pool is always so magical to kids!





















No comments: