2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Birth Story

I'll be honest. I don't really have a cool birth story this time around. I had known for a long time that I was having a baby on the third of April. I chose the date. Four times three equals twelve. It might sound dumb but I have the hardest time with Joe's birthday so I wanted to make sure that if I got to choose a date that I would choose one that would be easy. :) Not to mention I just don't like the sounds of April 2.

We had to be at the hospital at 5:30. Joe was planning on getting up around 4:30 so he could shower and be ready for the big day. I had showered and done my hair the night before so I was planning on getting up at 5:00 just to be on the safe side. I didn't want to feel rushed. Well, for some reason we either didn't hear the alarm or it didn't go off. We woke up at 5:17. We scrambled around the house and did make it on time.

Once we got there I got my gown on. Then they put me on the little monitor things for ten minutes to make sure baby was fine and dandy. Then I got my IV. Can I just tell you how much I hate the IV in my hand. Not even kidding that it hurt wayyy worse than the spinal block I got. Once the IV was in the anesthesia guy came and talked to us about the block and gave me Claritin so I wouldn't itch like crazy after the surgery. Then Joe got his scrubs on and they hauled us to the operating room. Once in there I got the block and then my catheter. Dr. Curtis came and talked to us for a bit and we all just chatted since we were waiting for the second doctor to get there. Apparently he had alarm clock issues too.

At 7:16 the first cut was made. Then it was all business after that. Baby arrived at 7:26 a.m. with a few little squeals and cries. They sewed me up and wheeled me into recovery. I nursed baby Brock and then I was on my way to my room.

Easy Peasy. The difficult part was still to come... adjusting to two kids.

No comments: