I can't say the recovery process was easy. It has been an interesting thing. It just seems like it has taken me forever to get back to normal. I finally feel like maybe, just maybe, I might be able to start doing things. I don't know if it's because I'm two years older, living with my in-laws, having stairs in this house, having another child to care for, or all of the above but I swear I just popped back to normal after Keni. I wasn't quite so lucky the second time around.
Nursing was extremely difficult. It didn't help that I felt like I didn't have the network support like I did in Boise. I'm pretty sure every nurse at the hospital was rooting for me to quit. (Weird I know, but several times, by several different nurses, I got told to just give Brock formula.) After I almost called it quits, and I think 5 weeks later, we found out that Brock had Thrush. Well no freaking wonder it hurt so bad. After we were done giving him his medicine nursing seemed to go a bit better. Although now I have it in my mind that I'm only nursing for three months. That was my goal before it got better so now I've thought of all the reasons why it will be so nice not to nurse!
I had some pretty intense swelling in my incision that hurt like hell. In fact, I wore my regular jeans into the hospital thinking that I would definitely be smaller after Brock came out but boy was I wrong. I am so glad I didn't see anyone that I knew when walking out to the car or I would have been pretty embarrassed. I felt like a total gangster. I couldn't get my pants up over the incision so I just walked out with my pants barely to the middle of my butt. I had a lot of scar tissue from the last c-section so the doctor cut it out which means he has to stretch the remaining skin. Thus, remaining in super lots of swelling and super lots of pain.
This is probably TMI but the other issue I had was constipation. Oh.my.heck. I was warned that the percocet I was taking would make me constipated so in the hospital I was taking stool softeners. I thought that would do the trick. I was oh-so-wrong. I needed to up the ante a little. Or a lot. Finally after I think what had been 7 days I earned a sticker. :) I felt like a little two year old getting her prize or something. Seriously.
It was week five that I finally felt like I was healing properly. Week five people. That's too long... Oh the things we do for our children. :]]
No comments:
Post a Comment