2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Winter Carnival

This past weekend Joe and I decided to venture to McCall for the Winter Carnival. We have gone in the past but we usually don't participate in the activities. This year we made it to the parade and some of the events going on during the day. Let me first say that McCall Locals are seriously a different breed! I saw at least 4 or 5 people that had missing teeth and that was only within a few hours... really?

Anyways, the parade was fun. The people on the floats threw Mardi Gras beads and very few candies. We were standing behind a bunch of kids so we didn't try to grab anything thrown. The people standing next to us insisted we sport the sick colored beads. I think they were trying to make us look like locals :)

After the parade we ate at our favorite burger joint, Paradise Burger. It reminds me somewhat of Polar Bear-- slow and greasy. After a meal like that we decided to walk around the town to view all the amazing snow sculptures. I can't believe the immense detail that is carved into the snow!



We also went cross-country skiing. Let me just tell you, every person we saw on the trail made it look so graceful. The group of grandma and grandpa's that passed us made it look like it was the easiest thing in the world. While I thought it was super fun, I know I didn't make it look easy nor did I look graceful.


With the inversion that Boise has had, it was so nice to get out and enjoy the fresh air, beautiful scenery and the ever-so-shining sun.



Click here to see more of the Winter Carnival.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the snow sculptures! Remember when we stopped to see them on our way to or from Cindy and wayne's in Orifino? Keep up the cross country skiing. Thanks for the update, I kept watching for one!!! Love ya, Mom

Matt, Emily & Dylan said...

Kels, I sooo need a Polar Bear fix. Matt and I have been missing it SOO much latly. So I am going to be in boise the first weekend of march. I would reallllly like to get together!! Let me know what your schedule is like even if we grab lunch/or dinner.. I just want to see you! PEACE!

Janice said...

Cool pictures! Looks like a fun weekend. Happy birthday tomorrow.

Dani said...

how fun! I wish we would have gone to McCall more....especially for the winter carnival!
Enjoy the snow and cold!!

Unknown said...

You are very funny in your descriptions, Kelsie.

The snow sculptures are amazing!

I've tried cross-country skiing and I too found myself envying everyone who seemed to come by it naturally! Ugh, it's hard! I think I'm just not too coordinated or something...

Dean Family said...

how fun! we were just talking about trying to go...but i think it would suck with shelby.
Lexi and Kam would really like it though.
the joy of children :)