2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Temple Marriage

I was talking to a guy that I work with who is getting a divorce. He said some things that really got me thinking about how grateful I am for a temple marriage. We were talking about him bringing a date to the company party this weekend and how his kids feel about the whole situation. He is a great dad and said he won't drag his kids in a relationship until he is sure it will go somewhere blah, blah, blah. Anyways, it came up that he wouldn't get married again unless he has lived with the person for at least 18 years or so. How sad. I understand his point though. Really, a marriage to him is just a piece of paper-- until death do we part. I'm glad that I know that my marriage is more than that. I know that I will live with my cute little husband and family forever... and ever!

3 comments:

Dean Family said...

Im soo proud of you two!! and about that FAMILY forever...when is it starting? j/k
if you ever get the urg though, come on out for a few hours...good and FREE birth control! :)
(thanks for sending those sheets to me!)

Amber said...

AMEN!! It's amazing!

Unknown said...

I hear ya! I have friends that feel liberated because they don't have the commitments I have. They feel that by always have an "out," they don't have to worry so much, but really, the opposite is true. I wonder if they secretly know that and envy the stability and assurance that comes with it?