How you can say that just because we try and save a little money each month means that we can pay for school, don't need help, and don't qualify for financial aid yet, someone who has no savings whatsoever because he/she bought a brand new car (or whatever) needs help more than us? Are you encouraging us that we should be careless with our money and spend like crazy and have lots of debt and no savings and then you will help us? Also, please explain why Joe and I both got full financial aid when filing from our parents income but after we got married, both of us working part-time crappy jobs, were only offered loans.
Thank you in advance for your quick response.
Kelsie Porter
Confused wife of a student and a student once upon a time
8 comments:
I hear ya! We only got financial aid the first semester we got married. Luckily, I got scholarships after that or we would be so far in debt we wouldn't be able to see straight!
And tell me why when you buy a home within your means and then pay your mortgage like you should and not refinance your home a gazillion times until you can't pay your mortgage that you are suddenly worse off than all of those around you who did and are being bailed out with the new stimulus mortgage offer. . . all clear as mud isn't it?
i'm sorry! im soo glad im not in that boat anymore! just think, ALMOST DONE :) I know that doesn't make it better though, I'd be so MAD!!! ugh I hate school!
I totally agree. That is what happened to us too!! It was ridiculous. So then we had to totally save for my last semester of school. We were on a very strict budget for a while. I am really sorry. Good luck
Well I was informed that it is called adulthood from one of my oh so kind aunt and uncles...
Same story for us too... It's like the government providing help to single mothers because they're single yet aren't willing to help married couples who do everything the right way... It makes you wonder why they punish those doing their best and reward those who are careless....
But perhaps there is great value in being independant and self reliant which you are. The blessings will be far greater than the value of what ever help you recieve.
Dad KP
I am in the same boat!!! and I vented to my mother the other night and said the same thing to her about financial aid. It's rough. and guess what she told me? Just what your dad did. It resonated a little, but it's still not fair. I guess I should try to feel good about the fact that we are independent and self reliant although we are poor :)
Post a Comment