Happy Holidays everyone. We had a fabulous Christmas. We drove to Preston the morning of the 24th. We were lucky enough not to travel in bad weather on the way. We were a bit worried since it snowed the day before and the day after.
Christmas Eve we went to Sandra's where we ate dinner, opened gifts from cousins and Grandma and Grandpa Pete, and got a visit from Santa. I love my family and am glad we got to spend some time with everyone. It's fun to have so many cousins around that are close in age. It makes for some good times and good memories.
On Christmas morning we woke up at 8. It was fun to have Bryson there to enjoy the spirit of Santa (no offense Dill, you just aren't convincing that you really believe in Santa).We opened gifts from our family and then enjoyed breakfast. My mom spoiled Joe and fixed biscuits and gravy. For all that didn't like biscuits and gravy there were yummy orange rolls too. We hung out and played with all of our new toys until it was time to go to Grandma Hampton's at 1. Again, more gifts from cousins were to be unwrapped. I also enjoyed my favorite dessert ever-- Rice crispy ice cream treat. YUMMO!
For most of the time spent in Preston, it snowed. Luckily, Friday was the day we had some time to go sledding because it was the only day that the sun was up and shining bright. I had so much fun going down the hill. I forgot how much work it is though. Usually we get pulled behind the 4-wheeler so there isn't any work involved. I forgot about having to walk back up the hill after sledding down.
Saturday I had the opportunity to go to the temple to witness Charlsie be sealed to her new husband Brad. As always, she looked beautiful. There were lots of people there. I don't think another body could fit in the sealing room. When I was at the temple Joe was enjoying the company of his family. Keith and Janice weren't around on Christmas because they went to Darcee's so we had a little Christmas party the Saturday after. Everyone but Andi's family was there. It's fun to see everyone since it doesn't happen all that often. We had lunch and played games. The kids also went sledding (if you call it that). Keith ties a canoe to the back of the truck and drives in the field or on the road. Apparently it's tradition. It looked fun but I didn't brave the cold. Is that a sign I'm getting old? Next year I won't be such a pansy.
Click here for the bajillion other pictures taken :D


3 comments:
I think I am officially sold on biscuits and gravy now.
Hey Kelsie! I found your blog from Emily's blog! It looks like you had a fun Christmas! Feel free to wander over to Eli's and my blog jessandeli.blogspot.com :)
Looky Looky what we have here! Your blog! How exciting. Ours is KSHammond.blogspot.com. Love, Kevin, Suzi, and Cody.
Post a Comment