2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Endless Possibilties

Joe and I are coming to a point in our lives where we have endless possibilities. How exciting is that. We will finally not be tied to Boise anymore. Not that we don't love it here but we have always had to be here for school. Well, school is coming to an end in December. I love the thought of being able to go anywhere... wait, it scares the hell out of me. We feel like it is time to go somewhere and settle in and call it our home. Pretty much this decision will affect the rest of our lives. No pressure right. OK I know I'm being overly dramatic and I'm sure it's not that big of a deal but it sure seems like it right this second.

As I know I'm preaching to the choir but it seems like everyone is holding on to their jobs for dear life. That's pretty much bad news for us. Pretty much-- it sucks. I feel like we are in limbo. We have definitely outgrown our apartment (forever ago) but don't want to move and get locked into another lease. I am not in love with my job and have some opportunities to go elsewhere but feel it would be a bad decision if we are going to be leaving in three months or so. We can't start a family because I'm sure it would just so happen that I would get pregnant when we didn't have insurance or I would have the baby when we were on the three months wait at the new job or something. So do we make Boise our home for a while even though we feel we should move closer to where we thought we would call home forever? It's not like we don't like it here and in all actuality Joe does love his job here. What if we do move and we don't like it? We could always move back here, right? Decisions, Decisions.

So now that I have told the whole world (or just the cyberworld) of my dilemmas I'm feeling bad for being negative. I am listing ten things I'm happy about, in no particular order. Ready go.

1. My two cute little dogs that keep me company every night. I didn't think I would love an animal as much as I do. They really are super cute. That's another reason we need a bigger place.

2. The Internet. My Cell Phone.

3. The fact that Joe loves his career and job and is so excited to do it for the rest of his life.

4. My cute little family whom I miss dearly.

5. Phone calls to my mom when I am bored and her always listening ear.

6. My beliefs.

7. A job that provides income.

8. My amazing friends that always have good advice.

9. My cute little husband that likes to have as much fun as I do. And that he is understanding of all my little quirks.

10. That my in-laws and my own family don't guilt Joe and I in to coming to every holiday with them. We do whatever we want with no pressure.

Ah, I feel much better all ready. Maybe it really isn't that big of a deal :D

4 comments:

Dean Family said...

um-i thought we already had this all planned out. you're buying the house across the street from me remember??? i will even tolerate your little doggies and can babysit them whenever. come on you know you want to, i would even think about cooking you a homemade meal every sunday...tempting i know!! :)

Chance & Rachel said...

I can totally relate to your uncertainties... and it does SUCK to move somewhere hoping for it to be great and having it fall apart right in front of you. The hardest thing I have ever had to do is realize that we had made a mistake and take the steps to fix it. It was stressful, expensive and sucked so bad, but we learned SO much from it. If nothing else, we have chalked that place off our list of places we would like to live. i know it's a super hard decision, but just take things as they come and you will end up where you are supposed to... hopefully it's closer to me than you are now!

jenda greenlee said...

kels, i'm so glad that you dress up your dogs too! mine has that exact same green sweater....and some cool hoodies...and rain jackets! ha! sorry, i had to say something crazy to help cheer you up!

Anonymous said...

Kels, you know your family would have to have you closer, but we also understand that you and Joe have to do what is best for the two of you! You will know. When the time is right to move you will feel it. Hang in there and remember that you don't have to plan out the rest of your life right now. Love ya tons, Mom
P.S Are you sure your going North for Thanksgiving?!!!