2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Women's Celebration



This year my work sponsored a team for the St. Luke's Women's Celebration. When I signed up I didn't know much about it other than it was pretty big. That is an understatement. This is the nations biggest 5k race for women. It's even in the Guinness Book of World Records! It's not only a race on Saturday but they have events throughout the entire week. On Friday I went to pick up my shirt and that was even a big ordeal.

It was a lot of fun to participate in something so big. I walked with my friend Alaina and her Mom in the purple wave. (They have different waves for competitive and non-competitive and for different levels) I almost wimped out because the weather here was pouring rain. That didn't stop anyone from showing up though. We were pretty lucky because right before Joe dropped me off it started down pouring like crazy but almost immediately after I got out of the car it started sprinkling. Then, when I was almost done it started raining hard again. Talk about good timing.

1 comment:

WT said...

I ran this with my sister and niece three years ago.. So fun huh?! I really enjoyed the health expo before hand and all the free food samples...