...you get a different calling. Isn't that how it always works? For the last year I've been serving as a primary teacher. Honestly, I've liked it the whole time. I was first teaching the 7 turning 8 year olds and then got switched to the 10 turning 11 year olds. I liked both. I was just telling one of the presidency members to put me in nursery because I really wouldn't mind.
...BAM, I'm now in Young Women's. Now, let me put this out there. I'm super excited to be in YW but I feel like it's so many people's 'dream' calling. Not mine. I also feel like most people don't want primary or nursery. I don't mind primary or nursery. So I guess I was more shocked than anything, but I did make sure the bishopric really did pray about it just to be safe. ;)
I feel like I will be great at getting to know the girls and making them feel good. I will like being involved in their lives. The think I suck at is teaching. It's just not my thing. I don't like it AND I'm not good at it. Now, before you go thinking I'm fisching for compliments, let me say this: I have other talents. Teaching just isn't one of them. I don't feel bad about it because I know that I have other things I will be good at with these cute little Miamaids. It's just with Primary, I feel like the expectations of the kids is much less. So yes, teaching teenagers is intimidating. But I've got my first lesson behind me and it will be just fine.
I'm making mental note to never seem content with a calling, ever, again. :]
On a side note-- When preparing my lesson I got this overwhelming feeling that I could teach by the spirit. (I always doubt myself... Don't we all?) And honestly, after that, I felt at peace. I immediately got teary eyed because, at that moment, I knew He was aware of my needs. I knew my savior loved me and wanted to help me. He doesn't want us to fail. He will help us if we let him.
No comments:
Post a Comment