2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Friday, February 13, 2015

The Quarry National Monument

We finally made it out to the Quarry here in Vernal. It has only taken us two years, but hey! we got there eventually. It was actually super cool. It was geared more for adults but the kids really enjoyed it too. We first went to the Quarry Exhibit Hall that was built carefully around a bunch of dinosaur bones. And by a bunch I mean over 1500. Isn't that crazy!

After we wandered around the building for a bit we went hiking. Brock was in heaven! He seriously asks if we can go hiking at least twice a week. And he was so bummed when he remembered that he left his hiking stick at home. Although he quickly got over it after finding several more. He's not picky. :) Keni enjoyed exploring off-trail with my mom even if she did fall a couple (or five) times.

Of course we were hungry after hiking so we stopped in Jensen for a burger. The place is called Markee Lee's. The place is a super ghetto gas station with a little 'hamburger joint' inside. As long as you didn't look around it was pretty good. Reminded me a lot of the old Polar Bear in Preston. The greasier the better is their motto, Im sure of it.

I can't believe that it has been good enough weather to hike. We were shedding layers before we even started. I can't remember a February where it has been this warm. I'm kind of liking it. Although I'm sure we will see some consequences in the summer.








No comments: