2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween

I was a bit depressed about Halloween. Keni had been so excited about being a pirate princess again, like last year, and talked about trick-or-treating for months now. Then we found out about her surgery. Naturally, I figured we would be spending Halloween in the hospital. I was just hoping Keni would be feeling well enough to participate in the activities that the hospital planned. I never in a million years thought we would be home. We were though! But since we didn't know we would be, we tried to participate in as many things as possible before Halloween.

One of the local grocery stores, Davis Jubilee, puts up little stations around the store that you can get treats at and play games at. They had a bounce house in the parking lot and cotton candy for all of us to enjoy (and Brock to get super messy).




Joe's work also had a little party-- which I love. We had pizza and visited with Joe's co-workers then they opened all the exam rooms and stuck a giant bowl of candy on each chair. The kids walk around (a few times) and gather candy. It's always the good stuff too. 

Then, as I mentioned, we were home in time to participate in our ward's trunk-or-treat. I was nervous about Keni going but she insisted. I think people thought we were crazy or liars-- one of the two. Crazy because Keni just had brain surgery 3 days ago so why would we let her be out and about or liars because you wouldn't have even known she had surgery so they thought we made it up. :) We did make her sit in a wagon just to be on the safe side. Her balance was fine at home but I didn't want her being bumped or bumping in to something/one and falling down!


No comments: