2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's been one month

Well it's been a month since we moved from Salt Lake City to here. A few pros, a few cons, and a huge adjustment. It's the little things I didn't even think about. Like, really, no dollar movie theaters? Lame. No Target or other decent shopping. (I'm not even a shopper but I like my options.) No Red Robin, Ruth's, or Hires-- although Logan does have a Texas Roadhouse now! No good parks. Seriously! First of all, there is only one but the first time we went I about sweat to death because there are no shade trees by the playground. I SUPER miss having a playground in my front yard! Not to mention the endless toys Keni played with that were definitely not hers. I miss our ward. Like lots. I miss our bishop. His awkward silence in ward council that I came to love. I love that the ward knew how to fellowship new people. It was just the routine but yet it was still genuine. And I miss my calling. It finally started to feet easy. Now who the heck knows what my calling will be. At least we know it won't be stairwell missionary. :) It will probably be something just as made up though. haha.

There are some good things that came with moving. Driving to the store takes less than 5 minutes. Which store? ANY store! You never have to run a yellow/red light because you know you will only be waiting for approximately one minute before it's your turn again. Camping with family and not feeling rushed to get back to Salt Lake at a decent hour is always nice. Other fun family activities we don't miss out on anymore because we're right here. Our rent is very affordable. :) You don't have to lock your doors or cars around here apparently. Joe goes to clinic every day and sees all the cars in the parking lot with rolled down windows and keys in the ignition. We still aren't used to it. It just doesn't feel right not locking our cars. Paranoid much? No, just cautious.

So we are getting settled in and enjoying the country life again. We've all ready seen some pretty hilarious things that you WOULD NOT see in the city. Like when we went to the Bull Bananza for example. They let whoever the heck wanted, come down to the arena and chase a bull and try to get something off it's horn. Yep, I couldn't believe it. There were numerous people that got rammed. One kid got his shirt ripped off, another lifted wayyy off the ground, a few rolled in the poop of the pasture. It was great, although I was definitely scared for the safety of the people! See! Only in a small town would you get to watch something like that!

3 comments:

Howells Fam said...

First of all - I didn't know you were moving to Logan! That's kind of fun, right? Second of all, how do you get your font to be so cute?

Scott and Heidi said...

Haha I love this...and I hate waiting for 8.7 years at traffic lights down here in SLC! That would make moving up North the best thing for sure! I miss you living down here, but hope everything is going well :)

Shae said...

Haha! Isn't it crazy how different life is outside the city?? We miss you guys tons (and I miss Clayton's stories about your comments in Ward Council), but it sounds like you guys are having fun!
P.S. We are getting a plethora of tomatoes and some good peppers. We love it! Thanks again!