We had a great weekend. We stayed around Boise which we rarely do when we have a few extra days off but I'm so glad we did. Joe and I enjoyed each other's company so much. We didn't do anything too out of our norm but here is the recap.
Saturday morning we decided to get up early and go for a bike ride. Can I just say how much I love the foothills here in Boise! It was a lot of fun and Joe is very good about going my pace, which I'm sure he thinks is ridiculously slow. When we got back we decided to mow the lawn, do a little yard work, and clean the inside of the house. It always makes me feel good to have that done so I don't have to worry about it all weekend long. That night we decided to watch Harry Potter 4. We're preparing to see number 6 when it comes out in June so we're watching all the previous ones again. Oh and we sat outside and enjoyed our fabulous backyard and beautiful weather. It's been so nice here.
We woke up Sunday morning to a little adventure. It was about 7:30 when we heard what sounded like a gun shot. Neither of us thought too much of it since there were some 11 or 12 year old boys in the other yard that had a sleep over and were being noisy all night. But after thinking about it for a a few seconds I decided to get up and see what it was. Well it wasn't the boys. I looked out our back bedroom window to find a criminal in our backyard lying on the ground after being taised and a cop pointing his gun at him saying to put his hands behind his back blah blah blah. Yep, we watched this criminal guy flinch and roll around on the ground after being taised... weird! Of course it couldn't be the police officer's partner that drove up it had to be at least 10 other police cars, a fire truck, and an ambulance. All I could think was great, we're the new neighbors whom everyone hasn't met yet and now they think we're freaking drug addict criminals or something. Anyways, we watched the excitement for a good hour before it died down and we went back to bed. We got up and visited the nursing home, uh I mean we went to church, came home and ate lunch, then went on a hike up Cottonwood Canyon. (I think Joe was trying to kill me or something with all the activities we did). The hike was beautiful. We came home for a surprise visit from Mike, Annikan, and the girls which was fun then we watched the second half of Harry Potter again since I fell asleep the night before.
Monday we went to Eagle Island State Park to check it out since I had never been there before and Joe hadn't been there since he was a sophomore in high school for cross-country state. It would be a fun place to take your kiddos for the day or have a family reunion. We visited my Aunt Cindy while on our way home since she lives right there and then came home and had a little BBQ with our friends Derek and Alaina. After playing games for a bit Zeb, Denise, and Bryson called to say they were in Boise and stopping for a bit. We even talked them into playing games with us and staying the night. What a way to end the weekend huh!

7 comments:
It sounds like you guys had fun! Hey question how did you get the picture gallery? I've never figured that out!
Kels, I can't beleive how much you look like your mom in these pictures.. the last one more than the first, but WOW I thought for a second you were Pam. You are so stinkin' cute. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Next time you are around we REALLLLLY need to get together. Even if we just sit around a camp fire and roast some mallows.. ?? Call me. 339-1578 love ya girl. Take it easy!
We missed you guys this weekend. Wish you could have came camping with us, but is sounds like you had fun with out us!!! bummer....you are not supposed to be able to do that! jk love ya mom
How fun! :)
Why were you so lucky as to have a criminal choose your backyard? How did he get in there? I'd have been out asking questions instead of looking out the window. Sounds like you had a good weekend!
Hey Kelsie! I was blog-hopping and found your blog! It's good to hear about your life - CONGRATS on the pregnancy - that is so exciting!! Do you guys know what you're having yet?
Check out my blog if you want - good to see you! : )
What a cute couple you two make. I am so proud of you both! What's with the criminal in your back yard though? A little scary?! Can't wait to see you! Teddy
Post a Comment