2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Looks Like You on a Mission, Bro!

As you all know, I’m sure, Wal-Mart is always an adventure. Joe and I come out of that place with good laughs majority of the time. Saturday may have topped all stories though.

We have had a lot of interesting checkers before but none like the one on Saturday. We chose the line with what looked like the friendliest cashier (always a bonus at Wal-Mart). The cashier was a cute older black man who had a southern accent. It was finally our turn and our stuff had finally made it to the front of the belt. The man greeted us and then the conversation went something like this:

Cashier: “Why aren’t you two too young to be playing house all ready?”
Joe: “Ya, I get that I look young a lot at my job.”
Me: (Laughing because I can’t believe this guy is so funny) “Yep and you’d be even more shocked if you knew how long we’ve been playing.”

Cashier: How long?
Joe: We’ve been married for over three years.
Cashier: (stopped what he was doing, stunned face) “What! How old are you? 17?”

Anyways, the conversation went back and forth like this the entire time. The guy was hilarious and very honest. It probably isn’t even funny to any reader other than Joe but oh well. The best part was when we were leaving and he checked out the hippie dude behind us who only had one item to buy. Trojans.

Cashier: “Looks like you on a mission, bro!”

8 comments:

Amber said...

Haha! Oh my gosh!! That is SO funny!!

Sandra and Rob said...

way too hilarious. Yes Max is better than the HUGE dog that chomped on my ass. What amazes me is that everyone asks if it was Mariah. Are you serious? She loves me.

Matt, Emily & Dylan said...

Oh man!!! That is SO funny! We get that all the time. Then people say, "well in a couple years you will be flattered when someone thinks you are 18" haha I sometimes wonder what people think tho. with little Dylan! I wasn't a teen knock up! AHH oh well let them judge and look and talk! makes for a good laugh!!

jenda greenlee said...

that is way too funny! me and b know all about the many adventures of wal-mart! At least people don't think you are the new kid at the high school and the principle doesn't bend down to talk to you to point you out!

Unknown said...

That is quite possibly the funniest thing I've heard for a while! I would go shopping there just to see him!

Suzi Q said...

Joe does look kind of young. I never really even thought about it. Old black guys are funny! I used to work for a 73 year old shoe shiner.

Dean Family said...

hillarious!! you must not have a belly to show yet, that would of been even better! :)

ameliaharris99 said...

Hilarious!! :)