On father's day we cooked dutch oven potatoes and grilled some delicious steaks. I think the meal is quite possibly my favorite meal ever! We headed over to wish Keith a happy fathers day too.
On Monday, we went to Bear Lake for the annual Porter Reunion. We had such a good time. We stayed in the Suttons Cabin located just after you come out of Strawberry Canyon. It is so fun to see everyone. Between 4-wheeler riding, geocashing, EATING, and chatting there wasn't time for much else. The tradition of homemade gifts still lives on. Joe and I decided we wanted to make play-doh for our gift. It is always fun to see what everyone comes up with. I have some creative in-laws that's for sure! I don't know how they think of the fun ideas but they are always great. Wednesday we headed back to Preston to load everything up and get back to Boise.
I have to admit that I could get used to only working on Thursday and Friday. All day today I kept thinking how excited I was to not have to work tomorrow. It seems as though we should play for 5 days and work for 2. Who decided that 5 days a week was the normal work week? Silly them.
Oh and this is what we did first thing when we got home. Max stayed at my parents while we were in Bear Lake. When we got home he was literally all green. He loves being on the farm where he can just roam free.
2 comments:
So fun! I'm totally on board for the 2 day work week ...and of course we still get paid the same as if we were working 5!
I thought the play dough was very creative!! And your popcorn was way too yummy!
Glad to know I'm related to bed-propper-upper! Yay for food storage :)
Post a Comment