2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Anyone up for a Race?

So yesterday at work I get an e-mail that tells about this Fun Run called Race for the Cure. I thought it would be fun to sign up for the 5K WALK (especially since my work for pays for it). The thought was about as far as it went until a few hours later when my friend, Alaina, sent an email saying she had signed up and so should I. I was excited that she was doing it because I obviously need the motivation. I get on the website and start signing up. I realized that she said she signed up for the 5K RUN. I was bummed. I can't run a race! Anyways, I hurry and e-mail back telling her the scoop. She says, "Just sign up, don't think about it." So that's what I did. The problem is, is I am thinking about it now and there are a few problems with this.

1. I haven't run for literally almost a year.
2. I run like a complete dork!
3. Alaina is WAY in shape and is hard-core!

So the "don't think about it and just do it" advice was good for the moment BUT now that I have signed up I am totally thinking about it. It will be super fun though and I guess I am contributing for a good cause [and a good laugh]. I have been thinking I need to run, however, not in a race. I guess it will be a good start for the summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have to run? Remember you can walk when you think know one is watching. Go for it and have fun! Great cause, for sure.
Janice

Anonymous said...

Only you know what you have signed up for, so just join the walkers and have fun.

Keith

Darcee said...

At least now you have an excuse to work out. . .better than I can say for myself :D. Good luck!!

Katie and Dennis said...

Kelsie, I am so slow! I didn't know you had a new blog even though it was up on Darcee's. I did click on it once and nothing happened but for some reason I tried it today and wah lah! There you are! Anycow, good to see you and your stuff!