2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas!

Christmas was different this year. We didn't go anywhere, and nobody came here. It's the first year we have been alone as a family since we were married 11 years ago! At first I was nervous, but honestly, it was awesome! I wondered if we would be bored by the end of the day but that was NOT the case. When bedtime hit we were still playing and hadn't been bored yet. Our day was pretty chill. We got up at the normal 7ish, opened some presents, ate breakfast, Facetimed with my parents who were in Portland with Zeb and Bryson, went to church, came home and played for the rest of the day. I'm still surprised how fast the day went.




Joe's family has a tradition of setting traps to make sure no kids peek. Joe's dad did some pretty cool and fancy tricks with the traps when Joe was a kid. Some of the greatest memories of Christmas for the kids involves traps. I think most of Joe's siblings carry on the tradition. Our kids are old enough to enjoy it so this is the first year Joe did one. Nothing too elaborate but I'm sure as the kids get older the traps will become more tricky.


















No comments: