Can you believe Joe is done with school. Done. Forever. It's weird, and exciting, and sad, and wonderful, and scary. But mostly just exciting. This is a new chapter in our lives and I'm sure it will be just as good as the last chapters. When we were first married and both going to school someone told Joe that he needed to cherish the times in school because he said that he and his wife look back and think that those times were some of the best and most fun times that they had had together. We decided to take that to heart. We really did try and have fun and enjoy ourselves even though studying took up a lot of time. But now-- it's over. School that is. After eight years, Joe is done.
His graduation was really nice. It was held at the Rice-Eccles Stadium. His teachers did a really nice job of making the 'ceremony' NOT boring. It was family oriented and I think they realized that children (and adults) don't sit for very long if it's boring. There were two short-and-sweet speeches first, then classmates got to go up and say a few words, then some awards to finish things up. And the graduation included a nice lunch afterward which was an added perk.
Joe will miss seeing his classmates on a daily basis. I'm glad he has a great network of people that he can ask questions to and bounce ideas around. It's already come in handy.
I'm sad I didn't get good pictures. By this point, Brock was ready to be done and I thought it was more important to entertain a grumpy baby than take pictures. Now I'm not so sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment