We decided to take advantage of Joe having Friday and Saturday off and headed to Salt Lake. We stayed with the Smith's which is always a good time. They have a little girl Jaeley that is only a few months older than Keni. It's a lot of fun to see them play with each other and to see how much each of them have grown up! Jae also has a little brother about the same age as Brock which has been fun.
Caroline arranged for us to have the good ol' classic BBQ in the court on Friday when we got there. It was really nice to hang out and just relax while all the kids played on the playground. Keni reunited with old time friend Scott too. Then, of course, the men played basketball and the women chatted... I wouldn't have expected anything less. :)
It's been killing me that the new exhibit is finished at Hogle Zoo and I haven't been yet. Here it is July all ready and we haven't even been to the zoo once! Big difference from last summer when we would go at least once a week, if not more. The new part is fantastic. It lived up to all the hype. So did dinner afterwards. I love the atmosphere at Ruth's Diner. It doesn't hurt that the food is delicious too.
2 comments:
It was the best time. I'm so glad you came. It felt just like the good days. This is going to have to be repeated.
Sounds fun--I need to check out the zoo too! We LOVE Ruth's!
Post a Comment