
So many of you know that I have been attempting to make a skirt. If you know me well enough you know that I can barely sew a button on a shirt. I borrowed my cousin's sewing machine and thought it would be self explanatory. Well I got home and am very excited to set up this awesome machine but the trouble quickly began. The bottom bobbin was out. It took my all morning to figure out how to put the dang thing back together after I took it all apart. After I got that all figured out I was on my way to Wal-Mart to find the cheapest material that I could and attempted to make a skirt. It turned out OK until I washed it. Apparently, I cut too much off of the seams or something because it didn't stay sewn. Oh well I am only out $1.33. I'm not giving up though. I am going to make another one very soon. Oh and can I tell you how hard it is to sew without pins. I tried to be resourceful and use hair pins but they just don't work as well.
3 comments:
Kelsie, I found your blog and like it alot. Yeah, for blogs. Your skirt turned out cute. You are so adventuresome! Bobby Pins?? Wow, who would have thought to use them? Keep sewing -- you'll like it! Janice
Hey, you surprised me when you blogged us. You look different, but way cute!! I love to sew. It took me a little bit to figure out the sewing machine, but now I love to make skirts and dresses for my little girls. Keep at it!!
Hannah
Your skirt looks way cute! I recently sewed a skirt for a friend's daughter. I made it too big! She was a sweetie to still wear it but it had shied me away from the sewing machine for awhile. I don't think I'll ever be great at it . . . it's not a strong enough ambition.
Post a Comment