[[insert a few years]]
We were walking out of Wal-Mart, of all places, when I noticed my ring was missing. Great! We had been everywhere in the store so I had no clue where to start looking. I was pretty sure I had it on when we left Al's Sporting Goods but then again, I was pretty sure it had been on in the store too. I figured that when I pushed the cart back to the return, it must have flown off. That's depressing... so it flew off in the parking lot? Awesome. None the less Joe told me to search my purse, the car, and the grocery bags and he would go re-trace our steps in the store. We met at Customer Service to see, if by some freaking miracle, someone turned it in. Nope. Nadda. Nothing. I left my information with them and a description of my ring. I've kind of lost hope by this point. I mean it's Wal-Mart after all.
We get in the car and are in Smithfield (like 7 minutes, for all you out-of-towners :]) when my phone rings-- with a Utah number. My heart stopped beating. I'm sure of it. It was Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart said someone called and said they found a ring but the person wanted me to contact her. No problem. I got all the contact information and immediately called. Nobody answered. Grreat. I left a message and hung up. Not 3 minutes later I got a call back. "Hi, somebody just called from this number..." I said I was hopeful that she had my ring when she interrupted and said, "Oh well this is my moms phone and she's in the store so I'll have her call you back." Oh my hell. I'm dying here people. I told her that's fine but said we were from Preston so if we could get it tonight since we were still in Utah that that would be nice. Get this. They are from Preston too. Sweet! We decided to drive on home. About 5 minutes later the 'mom' called. I started describing my ring and she said, "Yup, that's it." We met at La Tienda and exchanged the ring. Glorious, isn't it!
Here's the kicker guys. This lady was sooo super nice. The store she was at when I called was S.E. Needhams. She drove there to try and see if they could tell her who the ring belonged to. She got it cleaned assuming the girl who lost it would appreciate it. Then, she was willing to drop it by my house. Umm Hello? I will totally come to you since you have my prized possession here. She said the reason she didn't want to take it back to Wal-Mart is because she was nervous it wouldn't get to the rightful owner. She thought about giving it to the cashier but didn't want her to call a buddy or something. And who knows if it would have gotten lost in the lost and found at Customer Service. Can I say LUCKY!
4 comments:
WOW!!! Babes, that is one heck of a story. You really are a lucky, lucky girl!! Thank heavens there are still a few honest people in this world!! love ya
Wow! That is lucky! I'm so glad you found your ring - I would be devastated if I had lost mine! Can't believe she had it cleaned too...
ok... here it is. you need to get a smaller ring or grow fatter fingers. I would have died! you are one lucky woman!
Lucky indeed!!!!
Post a Comment