2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas

Christmas was great. I've heard everyone say this but it's true; when you have kids, it is wayyy more fun.

We did the same routine we always do on Christmas (except added in church this year).

Christmas Eve was at Sandra's. We did the usual-- eat, cousin gifts, Santa, grandma's gifts, adult gift exchange.

We slept at my parents house on Christmas eve. It was fun to be with all of my family. I'm so glad that Zeb and Bryson came and that Dillan also slept at my parents house. We woke up earlier than I thought on Christmas morning. Both Bryson and Keni sleep in on a regular basis so I thought for sure they would sleep in until at least 9 or so. But, luckily, Keni woke up at 7:30 and we managed to wake everyone up by 8. It's always been the rule that you can't go downstairs to see the loot Santa brought until everyone is up. So waking everyone up is crucial. We had orange rolls and biscuits and gravy for breakfast.

We went to church at 11, got home and hurried to my G. Hampton's for the usual there-- eat, presents from Grandma, family gift exchange, AND let's not forget eat the best dessert ever as the grand finale :]].

When we got back from my Grandma's I was too exhausted to pick up all of Keni's loot so we decided to stay another night at my moms.

All in all it was another successful Christmas.

Notes about Keni--
*She loved Christmas this year. Super fun to watch her get so excited. As I've blogged before she was just fine sitting on Santa's lap. But at the Christmas eve party she was so dang cute. There were a few cousins that went before her so I was getting nervous that she wouldn't be interested and get busy doing something else. Not true. When Santa pulled out her present from the bag and read her name she RAN up to Santa and jumped on his lap. It was the cutest thing ever. I mean seriously. She ran. Of course then when she got on his lap she curled right up to his beard and just said 'yes' when asked if she wanted a doll.

*She loved her kitchen that we got her. And she loved her shopping cart from my parents. We kept having to shove presents in front of her to open even though her stack was right in front of her. I thought she'd want to open presents since everyone else was opening things but she truly didn't care. After she'd open one she'd play with it for maybe 10 seconds and then put it aside and go back to 'shopping'.

*I was trying to explain to her that Christmas had come and gone and that it would be a really long time before it was Christmas again. She looked up and said, "Let's do it tomorrow." If only we could!

Note about Joe-- Joe pretty knew every. single. thing. he was getting. Lame. But he did it to himself. I warned him of a package that was coming but he still opened it. His defense was that it had his name on it. But, he didn't order anything that was coming with his name on it so that excuse was not legit. ha. Oh well. At least I knew he was going to like everything he was getting.

Note about me-- Joe thinks, and it's usually true, that I always figure out what I'm getting for Christmas... and p.s. I NEVER peak. Honestly. I just put all the clues together. Joe loves to surprise me. I think he likes to surprise more than he likes to get gifts. Sometimes that can be a bad thing for him because then he tells me just a little bit about something and then all those little bits turn into me figuring it out. Well this year he was DETERMINED to make it a surprise. He told me he had three presents for me. So, I wrapped up three gifts for him also. Up to this point he kept telling me he didn't know which to have me open first bla bla bla. I kept shaking all three presents trying to figure out what was in them. Well, on Christmas morning I found out that there wasn't anything in two of them other than a bunch of junk, aka. garbage. and the third present was the true present. You did babe. You surprised me. Good job!

A note about some of the pictures: Keni and Bryson showing off their new socks, Keni and her doll Keri laying on the pillows from G. Pete Pete.

More notes about these pictures: Dillan got some new church shoes [European style bahaha!], At G. Hamptons with the married cousins who delighted in her infamous dried apples.

2 comments:

Howells Fam said...

Holy cow! I don't even recognize your parents house... They've changed a lot (I think - maybe I just can't remember...)! Keni is so stinking cute, I can't wait to see who this one looks like!

Sandra and Rob said...

I love reading your blog you describe things so well. Thanks for coming to my house every christmas eve for the SAME TRADITIONS.....I love all my nieces and nephews and their families. Thanks for sharing you little family with us. We love you guys.