2017!

2017!
Hey there! Welcome to our page and thanks for stopping by. When we aren't doing "chores" you can probably find us camping, biking, going to the market, or just hanging out as a cute little family.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Housing Woes

So here's the deal. We're moving. Soon. Very soon. Joe starts his clinical year August 15. His first rotation is in Preston. After that most rotations will be in the Logan area. Here is where it gets tricky. Joe's parents are thinking of going on a mission. That's right folks, we can live in their house when they are gone. How sweet is that. The problem is, is that they probably won't be leaving until February.

Okay, fine. We could get our own apartment in Logan for the 5-6 months. But then again that will totally suck to have to move 2 times within 6 months. I'm pretty sure my family is getting tired of helping. :) Or option number 2 we live with Joe's parents for the 6 months, saving money, which means WAYYY less debt for us? Can we do it? Live with someone for 6 whole months? Can Keith and Janice do it? It's hard living with someone else. I'm not talking from experience but let's face it, it's the truth. And out of any family I would definitely choose Keith and Janice to live with. You think it's weird I'm choosing my in-laws over my family? Well it's not really. My family is cool. Really cool. :) I really really love them. But here's the thing. There are 4 houses right in a row. All family. It goes my uncle, my aunt, my grandparents, my dad. Why do I tell you this. Because my family has nosey personalities. I like it. I'm a very nosey person too. I like to know what's going on and what everyone is doing. But I couldn't live on the 'homestead'. It's too exhausting for me. The Porter's are far from nosey. They are always minding their own business, doing their own thing.

My main concerns living with someone aren't that big of a deal. I'm mostly concerned about dinner time. Like, what if I try a new recipe and it is disgusting? How embarrassing would that be. Or what if I want to have a little family dinner with just me, Joe, and Keni? I can't be rude. Maybe we can go on picnics. Who knows. I'm sure it will work itself out. And what if Joe and I want to, uh hum, you know, do it. At lunchtime. :) Okay, Okay. Too much, I know. I'll stop. (Who am I kidding, we never do that anyways.) Or what if I say "Oh my hell". Because let's face it. I say it a lot. Or what if I want to eat directly out of the watermelon?

So, what would you do? Suck it up for a few months and save lots of money or pay a little extra to have a little extra sanity?

No comments: